Week 5

Hey Everyone!!

Another week has gone bye here in old Ely Nevada! Nothing super interesting happened this week, but I've gotten to meet some pretty cool people! We went to Lund and White River Nevada twice this week to work with some less active people. One of them showed us his trophy case of all the animals he killed and let me tell you....this man is a serious hunter hahahah he has so many different animals he has killed! Also he had this old gun in a glass case that was "rigged with dynamite" it had dynamite in it but it definitely was not rigged to blow up if someone broke into it, however, it was super funny though. After their house we went spent an hour at another house that lives 2 hours from the church and the man told us how he killed 98 rattle snakes out at his ranch this past year and man I was struck in awe hahahah I hate snakes!

We also found out the President Ballard from the quorum of the 12 Apostles is coming in September and that'll be a super cool experience to meet him!

Also my spiritual note for today is from a talk by Elder Holland where he says this in his talk: The First Great Commandment "To which Jesus responded (and here again I acknowledge my non-scriptural elaboration), perhaps saying something like: “Then Peter, why are you here? Why are we back on this same shore, by these same nets, having this same conversation? Wasn’t it obvious then and isn’t it obvious now that if I want fish, I can get fish? What I need, Peter, are disciples—and I need them forever. I need someone to feed my sheep and save my lambs. I need someone to preach my gospel and defend my faith. I need someone who loves me, truly, truly loves me, and loves what our Father in Heaven has commissioned me to do. Ours is not a feeble message. It is not a fleeting task. It is not hapless; it is not hopeless; it is not to be consigned to the ash heap of history." We have to be willing to show our love for our father in Heaven with whatever we do we need to always keep him in mind whatever we do in this life because nothing is possible without him. Nothing. 
I love you all and hope you're all doing well I miss each of you and I hope you're enjoying life!!!  
Love,
Elder Patterson 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 106