Week 12

Hey Everyone!


So this week was a pretty fun. I killed another rattle snake, I grabbed a rock and threw it as hard as I could at it and well it died. It was basically like David and Goliath hahahah. We are continuing talking to everyone! Some man told me he hated me and I laughed and said "That's okay, would you like to hear a message about Jesus Christ?" and then he walked away. It was pretty funny though not going to lie. 

Also this week the older lady that I have been teaching since I came to Ely, FINALLY came to church!!! I was so happy, I was scared extending the invitation at first but then I realized the worst that could happen is she says she doesn't want to, but then when she said she knows she needs to and came this Sunday, I got so excited. There is a lot of people who don't want to hear what we have to say but it is so cool when that one person actually does want to hear the message we have to share. And when we start teaching them it's super cool to see the spirit enter into the lesson and just fill their hearts. Ely is a hard area but it actually has so much potential when it comes to bringing less actives back to church. 

My goal now is to try and get the members involved in missionary work as much as possible because the people we work with need friends they need someone waiting at church for them. And member missionary work also is good for the member to see how the spirit seriously takes over in lessons. 

My spiritual thought this week is from D&C chapter 11 verse 21, "Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my spirit an my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men." I seriously love this scripture because it basically says if we apply the words spoken in the scriptures and keep the commandments we will have the spirit with us as the teacher to the people we are with and around. I know this is true as I have seen it day to day out here in Ely Nevada. 

I hope ya'll are doing good love you all and let me know how each of you are doing!!

Car from the Hansons, it was expensive so we had to wrap all of them


The weeds we had to pull - BEFORE

The weed we had to pull - AFTER

ELY Clouds

The neighborhood Pitbull, Taz

The rattlesnake Taylor killed



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 106