Week 15


Hey everyone!

This week was pretty exciting, I got a phone call Friday night that I'll be going to Elko to train a missionary! I'm super pumped. One because I get to train and two because I'll have a Walmart and I missed cheaper groceries, however, I will definitely miss the people here in Ely. 

Other than transfer calls nothing to special is going on here in Ely. An 8 year old got baptized and it counted toward the missions convert list because she is a foster child, so that is sweet! Her foster parents are awesome. The temperature in Ely is so weird it drops to single digits at night and jumps to 60 degrees during the day it honestly makes NO sense, other than the fact it is the desert. 

Also one of my good friends Logan made it to state for golf and that honestly made my week so after I heard that I went out and played golf today for my p-day and it was super fun. 
My spiritual thought this week is from Elder Peter Johnson's General Conference talk. He discussed the 3 D's that the adversary brings into our lives. They are Deception, Distraction and Discouragement. And I reflected on these 3 things and they are so relevant in everyone's life. The deception factor can result in things not seeming the way they truly are, mostly like friends or media in our life. Distraction comes from the media and constant technology always surrounding us. Finally, discouragement can be the adversary allowing us to doubt our abilities whether they're spiritual or physical. The reason the adversary uses these 3 tactics is because he wants us to feel little compared to him, either known we truly are much greater than him. The way we get around these tactics of satan is having unwavering faith in Jesus Christ and believing we can do all things because of Him. I love everyone! 


Elder Patterson

PS: My new address is P.O. Box #249, Elko, Nv 89803










My companion trying to fit through the window

Flushing a mouse down the toilet


Spiritual Quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 106