Week 38

Hey Friends!!

This week our mission came out with a bunch of announcements regarding the Coronavirus. We can't shake hands or have any activities, conferences, or even church. But we are still able to go out and proselyte every day so that's good!! We are thinking that we may have to stay inside eventually because our Mission President asked us to buy a months worth of food storage of non-perishable food, so I guess we will see what the next weeks hold in store for us!!

My companion and I have been working with a bunch of less active people recently. We are teaching 8 less active members of the church and I love teaching them because I feel I can relate so much with them. We have had 2 come to church a few weeks ago and others are beginning to prepare themselves to try and get temple recommends again.

It was weird not partaking of the sacrament (to renew our promises that we made with God at baptism) yesterday since church is temporarily suspended. But seeing families focus on the Savior in their home truly shows how we can make the Lords day so meaningful as a family.

We went shopping today and Walmart restocked all their shelves here and they opened the doors at 6am. By 6:22am all the toilet paper, water, and canned foods were gone lol. 

My spiritual message this week is from the bible it is John 8:12 it says, "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life" 

I love this scripture because our Savior is truly the light in dark times and in good times. Jesus Christ is here to lead and guide us with whatever we are going through.

Hope y'all have a great week and stay safe!!!

Love you all,
Elder Patterson



Goat head that keeps popping our bike tires
I


Our food storage

Our food storage

Our food storage


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 106