Week 53: ONE YEAR DOWN!

Hey Everyone!!

Wow I can't believe this Friday will hit my one year mark in the mission field!! It feels like time is flying as the days and weeks go by! I can definitely see my testimony grow and strengthen in our Savior. 


This week was super good. I got my new companion Elder Schlese, he is from Canada, so I'm learning some of their lingo. We also got some new missionaries in our zone which has been super fun. They came from Ghana, Fiji, and the Philippines so it has been cool to hear the things they experienced in their other missions. 

We have been told we can go back to church so next week we are going to go with 4 of the people we are teaching which we are super pumped for!! We are still helping prepare a couple of them for baptism in the coming weeks which is super awesome. 

This week there was this super big wildfire on the Peavine mountain which is by us and then it turned into a residential fire but luckily the wind stopped when the sun went down so they were able to get the fire under control. Some people that we know of had to evacuate and their houses turned pink which is crazy! 

We also got to go to the temple to take some trees out of the ground and clean up the grounds of the temple. It was super cool. I got to go inside for a little and the peace I felt was just amazing. It truly is the House of The Lord!

I hope you all have a wonderful week and that you have a great 4th of July!!! 
Love you all!! 

Taylor


Elder Schlese and I

Cleaning up the temple
Cleanup crew for the temple

Cleaning up the temple


The Peavine Fire

The Peavine Fire

The Peavine Fire



The Peavine Fire

On top of the temple




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 106